What’s not to like about a slider? They are mini burgers with BIG flavors! my favorite thing about sliders is you generally make a lot of them so they are easy to experiment with. You have a crazy idea then a sliders the perfect vessel to try it out on. These sliders I made today I’m keeping it pretty classic but with a fun twist of old English cheese. If you’re not familiar with old English cheese its just spreadable sharp cheddar and it goes back decades so you know its good stuff. Other than it being the second cheddar for this burger it adds a creaminess to the burger you just don’t get from slices. Take the bottom bun and smear it with old English then setting your hot sizzling burger on top you’ll understand everything I’m saying here. Try it out and let me know!
- 1.5lb ground chuck
- 16 mini buns
- 1 red onion sliced
- 5 leaves of iceberg lettuce
- I jar old English cheese
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 3 sliced tomatoes
- 30 minutes prior to cooking form patties to your liking and season liberally with salt and pepper
- Preheat your pan you’ll be cooking your patties in once hot add a tablespoon of butter and toast buns on cut side
- In the same hot pan add in four to five patties at a time cooking for 3-4 minutes on each side flipping party only once.
- Cover patties with sliced cheese and set to the side to feast for 5 minutes
- On the bottom bun lather with old English cheese place burger on top
- Add on the rest of the fixings like lettuce, onions, tomatoes,
- You can always add grilled onions, peppers, extra condiments
- Cover top bun with mayo.