Who doesnt like smoked salmon? Its something I loved since I was a kid. I remember trying it and it being literally the best thing I’ve ever eaten. The thing about smoked salmon though is that it can get a little messy. So the thing I love about the spread is that its everything compacted into one. When I take it on the go I cut my bagel into pieces so I can eat it like little bagel bites. This way its everything is compacted and portable if you choose. You can still add on your favorite veggies if you choose and make a fun build your own platter out of! Try it out with your favorite toasted bagels!
- 8oz cream cheese
- 1Tb fresh dill
- 3 Tb capers, drained
- 1/4 red onion
- 3oz smoked salmon (lox)
- 1 tomatoes, seeded.
- 1/4tsp cracked black pepper
- In a food processor add in cream cheese pulse to soften cream cheese
- Remove core and seeds out of tomatoes ( so that the spread doesn’t get watery)
- Add in capers, red onion, dill, smoked salmon and tomato
- Pulse till well combined.
- Serve with toasted bagels.
- Side note: Although the spread can be eaten immediately its even better once chilled to firm up the cream cheese and so all the ingredients can meet.