Red chili crisps in oil is my latest obsession. I love the heat it gives off. Toss a little bit in your regular dishes adds such great amount of flavor. It can easily make a boring dish interesting.
Red chili crisp in oil are simmered Schezuan peppers so they get super crispy then added into oil with whole peanuts so its just a concentrate of flavor. With this recipe though you want to be careful and get the red chili oil with the peppers and not just straight chili oil.
I love this recipe because its surprisingly quick while it seems like it something you’ve taken all day to prepare. The sweet crab and shrimp matched with the Schezuan gives this the perfect balance of sweet and heat.
- 2lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1c jumbo lump crab
- 1lb linguine
- 4 kefir lime leaves
- 1/4c + 2TB red chili crisp in oil
- 3 green onion
- 1 Tb sesame seeds
- 1Tb soy sauce
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- 2Tb grated parmesan
- RED PEPPER BUTTER
- 1 stick butter
- 3 green onions
- 1 red jalapeno
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 medium shallot
- First start out by making red pepper butter.
- To make butter combine stick of butter in food processor with green onions, jalapeno, garlic cloves, salt, and shallot.
- Mix till all ingredients are finely chopped and combined well with the butter.
- Roll in plastic wrap tightly to chill in refrigerator or put in plastic container.
- Toss shrimp in 2Tb red chili oil crisp and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta in salt water for packages recommended cook time. Set to the side.
- In a hot pan add in a little regular oil and cook shrimp for 3 minutes on both sides till pink.
- Toss in two tablespoons of red pepper butter, red chili crisp in oil, and cooked linguine.
- Add in cooked crab meat with kefir lime leaves parmesan, and sesame seeds.
- Season with soy sauce, hoisin, and green onions.
- Don’t forget the spring rolls and Enjoy!