Sometimes you need a pick me up or maybe just a shake up. Whatever the case ,start with these cinnamon-sugar espresso waffles.
Now when I think of recipes like these I know its going to be a good evening. Yes evening, if you’re a breakfast for dinner kind of person. These are for you. They are super easy to incorporate to you’re everyday pancake batter just substitute whatever liquid for coffee and milk and you’re golden.
These pancake are really the perfect pick me up especially on a rather dull day. I rather these aren’t recommended for kids. Use at your own discretion. If you enjoyed them as much as I did let me know!
- 1c strong espresso or black coffee
- 1/2c milk
- 2c All purpose flour
- 3.5tsp baking powder
- 1tsp salt
- 3 Tb sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4Tb butter, melted
- 1Tb vanilla
- 1Tb corn starch
- 1Tb whiskey
- 1/4c melted butter
- 1/4c sugar
- 2Tb cinnamon
- While you are heating your waffle iron….
- Combine dry ingredients ( flour, baking powder, starch, sugar, salt.) together in one bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients ( milk, espresso, eggs, 4Tb butter, vanilla, and whiskey) together in another bowl.
- Combine wet and dry bowl together.
- Mix 1/4c sugar and 2TB cinnamon in separate bowl to coat waffle.
- Let waffle batter sit for 3 minutes.
- Coat waffle iron with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour in enough batter to coat but not overfill waffle iron. Cook for two minutes then flip to the other side.
- Once out of waffle iron immediately coat with melted butter then toss in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- lather with butter and syrup then enjoy!