Today was one of those days I didn’t know what to make or more importantly I didn’t even know what I wanted. Its one of those days where I could be persuaded to eat anything and everything sounds good. On these type of days I feel more receiving for a culinary sign. Something or anything to guide what the heck to put on the table tonight. Today the only thing I knew was its something with flat iron steak but that’s about it. I didn’t know what region Id land it with this or style. All I did know was no fajitas. So under the guidelines of flat iron steak and no fajita recipes this garlic beef was born and ill take this as a win.
- 1/4c soy sauce
- 1/4c hoisin sauce
- 8 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1Tb garlic powder
- 1tsp ginger, minced
- 1tsp red pepper flakes
- black pepper
- zest of 1 lime
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2lb flat iron steak
- To make marinade for the beef combine soy sauce, hoison, fresh and dried garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
- Marinade beef from 1 hour to overnight.
- Make sure beef has been at room temperature for at least 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Pre heat cast iron to medium high heat.
- Remove meat from marinade. Pat dry and coat liberally with black pepper.
- Cook for 6 and a half minutes on both sides or to your preferred doneness.
- Let meat rest for 10 minutes. Slice at a angle against the grain.
- Top with lime zest and green onions.