I love a good suggestion. One simple suggestion can lead to your new favorite drink, food or experience. So in this particular instance when I went to the liquor store I was open to those little blurbs they have that a certain drink, either pairs well with something or is just decent on its own.
At the store it said this wine goes great with spicy food I thought instantly spicy food and a cool glass of sweet wine is the ultimate Sunday feast. I was excited and amped, I think the test of a great wine is pairing with simple things like seafood, charcuterie, or just on its own. A good wine compliments not overpowers.
So I got to thinking what is really spicy but also a light meal. Shrimp immediately went off in my head while this shrimp dish was awesome and satisfied my want for some heat the wine on the other hand left much to be desired. I will probably need a wine redo on this one.
- 1lb Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2c White Wine
- 1Tb crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2c canned diced tomatoes
- 6 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1Tb flat leaf parsley
- 1Tb butter
- In a hot pan over medium heat add butter.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper
- Add to hot pan and cook on one side for 2 minutes.
- Flip shrimp then add tomatoes, garlic, crushed red peppers and white wine.
- Let it simmer for 3 minutes top with a heap of parsley and enjoy.