I’m getting a cold so maybe I just have honey bourbon on the brain. I went to the store the other day and I saw this franks red hot dry mix. I figured it looked interesting enough. I saw it a couple times before and it definitely stood out in the spice aisle. This time I went for it.
With the cold weather out I’m already getting ready for a lot of smoking. I’m even getting a lot request from people to not forget about them when I do. It’s not till after these storms and showers that I’ll resupply the wood and keep a pile just for smoking. The only thing with a wood pile comes snakes. The thought alone stresses me out. Since the last couple storms haven’t passed and its a beautiful day out. I decided let set up the grill. This was probably my best fire set up yet for the grill. The stars really aligned on this one.
Now for the franks red hot dry mix I will say it is fantastic! Its definitely different from the liquid buffalo sauce. It has a few differentiating goodies, but obviously they pair perfectly together. When I first tried it I had it on chicken breast for a wrap. When it was in the air fryer it’s so reminiscent of something so familiar even today I’m wracking my brain trying to figure out what. I think once my cold has passed and my senses come back I could figure it out.
I figured to finish off these ribs I could easily dumb some buffalo sauce on them. Then I remember in the summer honey bourbon lemonade was my drink of choice and it always was perfect with hot wings so that’s the inspiration behind this one. Check it out and let me know what you think!
- 2 Racks of baby back ribs
- 2Tb Franks Buffalo Seasoning Powder
- 2Tb Brown Sugar
- 1Tb Onion Powder
- 2Tb Garlic Powder
- 2Tb Paprika
HONEY BOURBON BUFFALO SAUCE
- 1/4c Honey Bourbon
- 1Tb Garlic Powder
- 4Tb Butter
- 1 Lemon
- 1.5c Buffalo Sauce
- 1tsp salt
- RUB RIBS- To make the rub for the ribs combine all ingredients except for salt and rub into ribs. Coat ribs with salt generously separately from rub.
- MAKE SAUCE: To make honey bourbon sauce. Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil. Let simmer for about 10 minutes. Then remove from heat.
- PREP GRILL- Once your grill is cleaned and prepped. Light fire using preferred method. Once heat reaches 250 lay ribs bone side up for about a hour and cover.
- FLIP RIBS- Make sure you watch your grill if you need to vent to bring heat up or close vents to bring down temperature. After a hour flip ribs and brush with honey bourbon buffalo sauce. Let cook for another hour and fifteen minutes.
- REMOVE RIBS: Once removed from heat brush both sides with sauce. Place onto serving pan and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let sit for 15 minutes and serve.
- If you don’t have honey bourbon you can make your own by combing 1/4 bourbon with 2Tb honey.
- Sauce recipe should be doubled if you would like extra for dipping.