Oatmeal muffins are the perfect way to start your day with hearty oats, fresh blueberries and slivered almonds. This recipe also has no refined sugar!
Oatmeal muffins are my go to breakfast. Oatmeal muffins are slightly different than oat muffins. They are soaked prior to cooking kind of like overnight oats. Unlike regular oat muffins that you fold the oats in. When you make oatmeal muffins you’re left with a softer and moist muffin. They are the perfect way to shake up any oatmeal lovers routine. Try this recipe out and let me know what you think!
- 1c Rolled Oats
- 1c Milk
- 1/2c Slivered Almonds
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- 1c Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4c Coconut Sugar
- 1/2c Butter (1 stick)
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1c Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Egg
- 1/4tsp Salt
- SOAK OATS: Soak oats in milk for a minimum of 25 minutes. The longer the better.
- COMBINE DRY INGREDIENTS: Combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- COMBINE WET INGREDIENTS: Cream butter and sugar together with mixer till fluffy and combined. Add in egg and vanilla. Then fold in oatmeal.
- COMBINE EVERYTHING: Add dry ingredients to wet. Once combined stop mixing. Fold in blueberries and almonds.
- BAKE: Bake at 350F degrees for 25 minutes. Till it is toothpick clean.