Penne pasta tossed with creamy parmesan alfredo sauce, topped with crispy bacon and green peas.
Penne pasta is one of my favorite noodles to cook with. Anytime I am using penne I know its going to be quick, simple and delicious. Also since I have a picky eater on my hands I know I have a higher probability of getting him fed that night.
What I love about penne is the size of the noodle. I love the fact that I can get the entire contents of the bowl in a single bite. Since I cut everything smaller to fit on the fork. Plus the hole across the noodle really helps hold sauce, and sometimes even small onions and garlic.
For tonight’s dinner I went for a simple white sauce with bacon and peas. I opted for bacon because its less fuss than putting together another protein. Bacon really helps keep things one-pot. I made along with the bacon a super creamy parmesan alfredo and through in some peas for kicks. This recipe can be made without the meat, loaded with mushrooms and tons of extra goodies added. Make it however you want it. But try this recipe out and let me know what you think!
- 10oz Penne Pasta
- 2c Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1c Dry White Wine
- 12oz Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 8oz Green Peas, frozen or canned
- 2Tb Parsley, chopped
- 1/2c Reserved pasta water
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 6 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1tsp Herbs de provence
- BROWN BACON: Add chopped raw bacon to cold pan. Turn to medium and begin to cook till crispy.
- SAUTE: Sauté shallots and garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- SIMMER WINE: Add wine to pan and bring to a boil then reduce to simmer. Till wine is reduce by 1 quarter.
- BOIL PASTA: Boil pasta in heavily salted water according to package instructions.
- COMBINE: Add cream to pan with wine and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Add in cooked pasta, 1/2c Pasta water, parmesan cheese.
- SIMMER: Let pasta simmer in sauce for a couple minutes till thickened. Add in bacon, peas and parsley.
- SEASON: Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!