Chocolate chip cookies are hands down the number one cookie made in my house. A close second are snickerdoodles. I keep a couple of go-to recipes for chocolate chip cookies depending on my mood. Sometimes I want chewy ones, sometimes the big ones that seem to not want to spread and the extra thin and crispy chewy ones. Because at the end of the day I always have space in my oven and stomach for some cookies.
So these cookies work a little different from the standard cookie recipe. Melted butter is the key. It helps it spread. This cookie is the optimal make and bake kind no need to refrigerate before baking! Try them out and let me know what you think.
- 1c + 2Tb butter, melted
- 2c All Purpose flour
- 3/4c sugar
- 3/4c brown sugar
- 1/2tsp salt
- 11oz ghirardelli milk chocolate
- 1Tb vanilla extract
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2c frosted flakes, crushed
- 1 egg
- Combine melted butter with sugar and brown sugar. Mix together till combined thoroughly.
- Add in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Combine dry ingredients with butter and sugar mix. Stir till combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Portion dough in tablespoon portions. Bake at 360 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Depending how crispy you like them.
- Let cool and enjoy with a giant glass of milk!