Something about a warm alfredo with mushrooms and chicken will get me any time. its probably the stickiness of the cheese and pasta that really does it for me. I absolutely love rigatoni because it hold sauce and other ingredients so well like mini cannelloni’s each bite like a little surprise. This time I decided to do something a little different to add a whole other level of comfort by of course adding more cheese to the top! Try it out! its exactly what you need .
- 2 chicken breast
- 1lb rigatoni
- 8 oz cremini or button mushrooms sliced
- 4 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4Tb butter
- 2Tb flour
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4oz baby spinach
- olive oil
- mozzarella cheese (for the top)
- 1Tb parsley for garnish
- Boil rigatoni according to package instructions. Drain and set to the side.
- split chicken breast in half and season liberally with salt and pepper
- heat cast iron and sear chicken on both sides for 4 minutes on each side till cooked through
- throw mushrooms in pan after chicken and brown for 2 minutes toss with salt, pepper and 1tb olive oil
- in a pan combine flour and butter once combined add in half and half bring to boil
- add in garlic, and white wine let simmer for 10 minutes season with salt and pepper.
- while the sauce is in the pan add in cooked pasta , cooked and chopped chicken, fresh baby spinach, and mushrooms
- toss to combine at this point the spinach will wilt, if you want to add extra cheese and black pepper this is the time!
- Scoop pasta into baking tray or personal pans top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese broil till golden brown and bubbly for about 4 minutes. Top with parsley after coming out of oven (so you don’t burn it). Serve and enjoy