The thing that I love about the changes in the season is the fact that different fruits and vegetable are ” in season” meaning in their prime for pickin’ . So its a completely different flavor profile and angle from the past season especially winter to spring. Winter to spring is the best because its like going from heavy to light. From baked potato soup to maybe a bisque but not yet at gazpacho season.
This recipe is so light and refreshing its perfect for a late night outdoor dinner to accompany grill meats or a entrée on its own.
- 6 mini cucumbers
- 1/2c black olives, pitted
- 1c grape tomatoes
- 1/3c feta cheese
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1tsp dried herbs de provence
- Cut mini cucumber in half then each half in half again or in thirds.
- Combine cucumbers, black olives, and tomatoes.
- Toss in feta, herbs de provence, and olive oil. Then season with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy chilled or room temperature.