Fajita platters are a must for at home. When you go out its seems you have to practically beg for more tortillas and if you have a grabby one year old like I do those sizzling platters are almost a “no-no”. So I love to do fajita platters at home! It some simple, wayyyyy cheaper and definitely satisfying
Fajitas itself means grilled meats or thin strips so if you make it at home the sky is the limit. Fajita recipe seem to be interchangeable and this one is no different. This recipe with work for seafood, beef, pork, or poultry. I love doing fajitas at home because you can have it all. Plus who doesn’t love a big platter of food to share and customize! Try it out for your next stay in date night.
- 3 chicken breast
- 2lb flat iron steak
- 1- 8 oz beer of your choosing
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 red jalapeno, seeded and sliced
- 2orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 Tb cayenne pepper
- 1 Tb cumin powder
- 2 Tb garlic powder
- 2tb Cilantro
- 4 limes, halved
- To make chicken season with salt and pepper, coat with cayenne, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Place in hot lined cast iron and cook of both sides for 5 minutes, Cook in oven for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees till cooked, Set to the side
- For the flat iron steak season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place steak in Ziploc or bowl and cover with beer let marinade overnight. remove steak from fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking
- Sear steak on each side for 7 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- In the same cast iron sear off veggies. Generously sprinkling with salt.
- Combine everything rolled in a corn tortilla ( optional), smear with sour cream, salsa and pico de gallo
- Serve with a ice cold beer and enjoy!