Sometimes you just wanna have a good day. Treating yourself to a home cooked breakfast is a great way to kick it off. How the rest of your day goes is on you but I can tell you when you start the day off like this you’ll feel like you have no worries.
Blueberry pancakes are kinda a treat for me I generally stick to regular pancakes. I don’t know why that is but reflecting now I’m realizing that to be the case. I tend to go for a fluffier cake and more often than not I’m a powdered sugar and fresh strawberries kinda girl I tend to skip the maple syrup.
- 1c evaporated milk
- 1/2c cold water
- 1.5 Tb white vinegar
- 2 c All purpose flour
- 3.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2.5Tb white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tb melted butter
- 1Tb vanilla extract
- 1.5 generous cup blueberries
- In a cup combine vinegar, water and evaporated milk stir and let sit for 7-10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients ( flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar)
- After you’ve made you buttermilk combine that with the eggs, butter and vanilla.
- Combine with the flour stir till everything is incorporated. Fold in blueberries. Let pancake batter rest for 5 minutes.
- In a medium hot pan add in equal parts butter and oil (1Tb each) Cook pancakes on one side till they start to bubble. Flip and resume cooking on the other side.
- Repeat process till all pancakes are made. Every 2 batches I add in more oil and butter.
- If you don’t have evaporated milk you can also make buttermilk with regular milk or half and half
- Always let pancake batter rest before cooking with it.
- If your pancakes start to bubble before they get enough color go ahead and flip them don’t wait for the color just turn up the heat for the next batch.