Coconut Basmati is one of my main go to rice dishes I love it with roasted meats, stew or just on its own.
You can turn almost all long grain rice into coconut but just a word of caution try to avoid quick cooking rice or you’ll have a mushy mess on your hands. Try it out and let me know what you think!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1Tb coconut oil
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2c basmati rice
- 2 c coconut milk
- 1.5c vegetable stock
- Preheat pot over medium high heat.
- Add in coconut oil and onion sauté till brown
- Once brown, sprinkle with salt.
- Add in thyme and rice. Coat and toast rice for 1 minute.
- Add in coconut milk and vegetable stock.
- Bring to a boil then cover and reduce to simmer.
- Cook rice according to package instructions
- Let sit for 5 minutes and fluff.