Smashed potatoes are one of the best sides dishes especially in a rush, in my opinion.It has every attribute of a steamy baked potato but with some extra crunch and very little time. When I have a lot of potatoes to make i go straight for smashing. You don’t have to worry about splitting the top and filling each individual potato. Just make a pile of them and load them up like they are nachos. These smashed potatoes are perfectly crisp, and creamy with some extra added crunch from the grilled onions. Throw on some meat, like bacon or shredded pork and make it a meal! Try these out and let me know what you think!
- 5 Russet potatoes
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 oz blue cheese
- 4TB butter
- sour cream
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Pork potatoes with a fork and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Microwave 2 at a time for 5-7 minutes. Till tender.
- Once done heat a cast iron pan.
- Remove potatoes from plastic wrap and with a clean kitchen towel press firm but gently on the top to flatten.
- Once flatten place in a hot buttered cast iron pan and season generously with salt and pepper. Flip and brown on the otherside ( its already tender just brown the outside)
- Once cooked top with green onions and sour cream.