Tender and juicy meatloaf cups topped with a whipped creamy parmesan and garlic mashed potatoes topped with corn “sprinkles”
Meatloaf cups also known as meatloaf cupcakes are all the rage right now. Probably because they are so easy, a fun twist on a classic and pretty darn cute. Meatloaf cupcakes are exactly that. You take your favorite meatloaf recipe ( hopefully it is this one) stuff it into a muffin tin and youre cooking. Top it with you favorite mashed potatoes, for this recipe I used parmesan mashed potatoes but you can also use my absolute favorite mashed potato recipe here. Then it’s time to get creative like you would cupcakes! You can drizzle them with your favorite dips and sauces. Top them with your favorite side dish for a “all- in-one” kind of deal.
Just a quick tip don’t line your muffin tins prior to cooking as much as you may want to. You’ll end up with a greasy mess. If you must place them in tins do it after removing them from the pan.
Try this recipe out and let me know what you think!
- 1lb Ground Sirloin
- 1lb Ground Beef
- 1/2c Bread, crust removed and diced
- 1/4c Heavy Cream
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1 Poblano Pepper, small diced
- 1 Yellow Onion, small diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Egg
- 1/2c Corn Kernels, chopped/ Fresh or canned
- 4 Medium Potatoes, peeled
- 1c Heavy Cream, warm
- 6 Garlic Cloves, whole or halved
- 1/2c Butter, cubed/ cold
- 1/4c Grated Parmesan
- SAUTE VEG: To begin start by sautéing peppers, onions and garlic for about 5 minutes in a pan to get slightly tender. Season with salt and pepper and let cool.
- SOAK BREAD: Pour heavy cream over bread and let sit till absorbed.
- COMBINE INGREDIENTS: Combine sirloin, beef , soaked bread, thyme, sautéed vegetables, eggs and season generously with salt and pepper.
- FILL TINS: Fill muffin tins with meatloaf mix all the way to the top and smooth out.( How you set them is how they’ll cook they don’t spread out like a cake)
- BAKE: Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes till cooked. Let sit for 10 minutes before handeling and frosting.
- MAKE POTATOES: In a pot place peeled potatoes and garlic in cold water and season generously with salt. Bring to a boil once at a boil reduce to medium then let cook till fork tender.
- MASH POTATOES: Mash potatoes and garlic with warm heavy cream and cold butter till smooth or to desired consistency. Fold in parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- TOP: Top meatloaf with mashed potatoes and top with corn. ENJOY!