Crispy panko and parmesan crusted chicken tender served with a quick crushed basil and garlic marinara.
When I was thinking of the perfect dinner for my two year old Valentine chicken tenders came to mind. Everyone loves them, they are simple and easy and who doesn’t like a wide variety of dips you can potentially dunk them in.
Chicken tenders are a classic. You can bread them in anything from chips to crackers. Spice or sweeten them from sticky sauces to cool rubs. The same can be said for the dips the possibilities are endless. You can pair them and make them your own.
The fun about chicken tenders is they aren’t too serious so have fun with it! Try this recipe out and let me know what you think.
- 2lb Chicken Breast, cut into strips
- Herbs de provence
- 2 Eggs
- 1c Flour
- 2c Panko Bread crumbs
- 1c Parmesan Cheese
- Canola Oil
- 24oz Crushed Tomatoes
- 6 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1tsp sugar
- 2Tb Olive Oil
- 4 Fresh Basil
- SEASON CHICKEN: Season chicken generously with salt, pepper, and herbs de provence.
- ADD EGGS: Toss eggs in with chicken and combine.
- COATING: Combine panko, flour, 1/2c parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Coat chicken generously with panko mix.
- HEAT OIL: Heat cooking oil to 350 degree and cook for 8 minutes till strips are golden brown and floating.
- MAKE MARINARA; To make marinara start by coating sauce pan with olive oil. Add in garlic and red pepper flakes to infuse into oil. Add in crushed tomatoes and sugar and simmer for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add in basil last.
- PLATE: Once chicken comes out of fryer toss with remainder of parmesan, parsley, and basil.