Why should toast have all the fun? When it comes to things you can spread avocado on. In Texas its avocado season year round so their are plenty of avocado recipes and things you can do with them. So its fun to get a little creative. This recipe takes a crispy tostada a thick avocado spread and a creamy cool corn salad that’s a play on Mexican street corn. If you’ve never had street corn before this is definitely the perfect introduction to it. Plus it the street corn without the need to floss afterwards.
- 4 Corn on the cob
- 1 poblano pepper diced
- 1 Tb Cilantro chopped + more for garnish
- 1/2 large Red onion diced or 1 small
- 1 lime
- 1Tb cotija cheese + more for garnish
- 1/4c mayonnaise
- 1/4c sour cream
- 1/4tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4tsp cumin
- 1/4tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4tsp ground chili de arbol
- 1/4tsp smoked paprika
- 3 avocados
- 8 corn tortillas
- vegetable oil
- In a cast iron pan. Grill corn for 9 minutes. flipping each side ever 3 minutes.
- cut corn off the cob by gliding the knife don’t the side removing the corn and keeping the cob intact. set corn in a bowl
- To the corn add poblano pepper, red onion, cilantro, 1/2 lime, 1/4tsp each of ancho chili powder, pepper, cayenne pepper, cumin and smoked paprika followed by 1/2tsp salt.
- Mix together add in mayonnaise, sour cream, and 1Tb cotija cheese.
- In a pan heat 1inch vegetable oil and cook corn tortillas in hot oil for about 30 seconds on each side till crispy , set on paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
- cut, seed and scoop avocado add in 1/2 lime and sprinkle with salt and cayenne. Mash till desired consistency .
- Layer tostada with avocado, Mexican corn, topped with cilantro and cotija cheese.