Beef and Mushrooms is a super easy dish when you have a craving for something flavorful, not too heavy, and healthy. I make beef and mushrooms anytime I feel like I want some take out. Its really easy, doesn’t take very long and doesn’t take too much prep. Its also one of those dishes that works great prepped ahead of time of time to make a even quicker weekday meal. Try it out and let me know what you think.
- 2-3lb Beef sirloin roast
- 1lb button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2c soy sauce
- 1/4c hoisin sauce
- 1tsp red pepper flakes
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp ginger,grated
- 3 garlic, minced
- 1/4tsp sesame oil
- 1/4c sambal chili sauce
- 1 bok choy, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- vegetable oil
- Put beef in freezer. For 30 minutes so it can firm up and that will allow you to slice beef thinner and easier.
- To make marinade combine soy sauce, hoisin, red pepper flakes, salt, ginger, sesame oil, and sambal.
- Marinade beef overnight.
- In a hot wok add in 1tsp oil and bok choy and red bell pepper sauté till tender but crisp, season with salt and pepper and a splash of soy sauce.
- Set to the side. Add in more oil and seer beef in small batches. Once the beef is complete sauté mushroom. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve beef over rice or noodles. Top with green onions
- With the beef work fast because the temperature, handling the meat, and cutting the meat will warm it up and you’ll lose the firmness the freeze will give it. So if you get distracted return beef to freezer. Set your kitchen timer so you don’t forget it.
- You can also double the marinade recipe and toss the beef in it if you prefer a wetter beef.