So this is the perfect thing for a warm day. Heck even a cool one! When we have a over abundance of lemons and limes I like to make juice before they go bad. Because if I know one thing everyone loves a glass of ice cold juice. Its also a plus it makes a great mixer for most cocktails.
I like to add fruit to my limeades because when you get fruit in season it tends to be sweeter so I can add less sugar because anyone who makes fresh limeades knows the amount of sugar can be alarming.
- 1Tb chia seeds
- 3/4c lime juice
- 5 strawberries
- 1c sugar
- 6c water
- In a shallow pan combine water and sugar bring to a boil till all sugar is dissolved for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set to the side.
- In a blender blend strawberries with lime juice.
- Combine sugar water, strawberries, and chia seeds. Taste and adjust recipe to your liking . Chill for a couple hours.
- You can make this recipe as sweet or a tart as you want. For a sweeter limeade add more sugar for a tarter one add more lime.
- When you blend the strawberries and limes. You can either puree it like a syrup or pulse it so you have little small strawberry chunks (which is always a nice touch)
- Lime can be swapped out for lemon.
- Taste your strawberries prior to using them so you know if you’ll end up having to use more or less sugar.
- Shake or stir well before drinking to disperse strawberries and chia.