The combination of crawfish, creamy Alfredo sauce and noodles is always a winner in my book. Its comforting and warm and hearty.
I started this recipe with the anticipation of it being strictly crawfish penne but I got some awesome shrimp at the meat market I just couldn’t resist. I often times make this crawfish sauce and serve it over blackened mahi mahi. It can pretty much be eaten with anything just make sure you don’t forget the bread!
- 2c Heavy cream
- 1c White wine
- 1/4c vegetable stock
- 4Tb grated parmesan cheese
- 2Tb flat leaf parsley
- 1Tb red pepper flakes
- 1/3c pasta salt water
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1.5 medium onions, diced
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2c Monterrey jack cheese.
- 4tb butter
- 2Tb olive oil
- 12 oz. cleaned frozen crawfish tails
- 1lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 12 oz. penne pasta
- Put a pot of salty water on to start boiling on high.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Sear on both sides for 3 minutes set to the side for later.
- In a pan on medium heat add in 2 tablespoons butter and olive oil.
- sauté mushrooms and onions for 7 minutes till tender and slightly brown. Season slightly with salt and pepper.
- Increase temperature of pan slightly and add in white wine to deglaze pan. Add in heavy cream, vegetable stock, and garlic. Simmer for 7 minutes till slightly reduced. Add in crawfish tails and shrimp.
- Add penne in water. Remove pasta from water 1 minute before the recommended cook time add directly to the sauce to finish cooking.
- Once the pasta is in the sauce add the Monterrey jack cheese, parmesan, parsley, red pepper flakes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Toss all together.
- Serve with extra parmesan, parsley and black pepper
- When deglazing a pan always use a wooden or rubber spoon. Never a metal utensil you’ll scrap the bottom of your pan that way.
- Cook pasta for recommended package cook time. some pastas are different.