I was so excited for this recipe. I was eating sushi one day then making fish tacos the next. I was wondering what I could do to make fish tacos less boring especially since I’m not a huge fish fan. I looked through the kitchen and pantry then decided to make a game plan. I had recently cleaned the pantry and found bottle after bottle of wasabi. I had a huge container of pickle ginger sitting in the refrigerator. I spotted a couple perfectly ripe avocados I just knew it was fate. So thoughts start racing through my mind. Do I want to make a guacamole then add wasabi and ginger? Will it be too much? Will this recipe just overwhelm everything?
I make the sauce and its exactly how I imagined. This sauce will definitely be popping up again in the future. It was crazy addicting. If you try it out! Let me know what you think!
- Corn tortillas
- 2 cod fillets
- 1c red cabbage, thinly shredded
- Cilantro, rough chopped
- 1 avocado
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1Tb fresh garlic
- 1.5 Tb pickled ginger, chopped
- 2Tb wasabi
- 1tsp salt
- 1 lime, juiced
- To make wasabi avocado sauce. Mash up avocado. Add in pickled ginger, wasabi, garlic, salt, and lime. Stir till completely combined. Place plastic wrap directly at the top on avocado so there is no room for air.
- Season Cod with salt and pepper. Place into a oiled, hot pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side till firm.
- Cook corn tortillas on both sides.
- Flake cod fillets to fit enough on each taco. Add a generous scoop of wasabi avocado sauce. Top with cabbage and cilantro.