There is something about shrimp and avocados that is just right. Cool shrimp with a touch of heat always gets me excited for summer. Seriously, the only thing that gets me through a rough, hot summer is the food. Shrimp and avocados are rather refreshing in the summer add a little citrus and some fresh veggies and now you’ve got a whole meal.
What I love about this dish is that it is healthy, light and most importantly super quick to make. Its KETO friendly, and carb free. If you try it out then let me know what you think!
- 1lb small-medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 avocados, seeded and cubed
- 1/2 red onion, small dice
- 1 jalapeno, seeded (optional), small dice
- 1Tb cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tomato, small diced
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp cumin
- Season Shrimp with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and ground cumin.
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, red onions, jalapeno, and cilantro.
- Seed and separate avocado from outside rind and cube into bite sized pieces. Save avocado skin for later.
- Combine with bowl filled with other veggies and toss with lime juice.
- Cook shrimp in hot oiled pan for about a minute on each side and cool.
- If your shrimp are too large chop them up after they are cooked.
- Toss together and spoon back into avocado shell.
15 responses to “Shrimp Stuffed Avocados”
Ooo those shrimps look perfect! Yum!
Thank you! I agree. I like to add some flavor wherever i can without overdoing it.
This is great. Usually in avocados you see plain poached shrimp. I prefer what you’ve done!
[…] via Shrimp Stuffed Avocados — […]
You’re welcome. 🙂
Thank you so much! 😃
That looks so good!!!!!
I just love shrimp and avocado. They were made for each other.
Have to agree with Kristen. You had me at avocado and then you added shrimp. What’s not to love!
Me too! It was so good!
It’s like all my favorite things in one dish!
Yes please do! Let me know how they turn out for you. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
I am definatley making this over Easter!