Nine times out of ten I have my weekly meals planned. I like to have my ideas down, a potential shopping list, and potential spin offs for left overs of ingredients. I usually have a general idea for the week. Now whether or not I get to everything is another story. Sometimes I have my ideal menu down pact but life gets in the way and its pushed to another day. That’s not a problem as long as I don’t find myself shopping a hundred times a week. Now today was one of the drowsy days that I was just tired and my brain chose not to function. Or maybe its been the entire week. Focusing is hard man. Today I took a nap. I’m not generally a nap taker but I crashed with my one year old because I couldn’t hang anymore. Now normally I take this time to cook, clean or blog. In a shocking change in events I fell asleep before him and I was still asleep when he woke up. Now when I wake him up or he wakes him self up its normally the cutest thing. Today when he woke up he climbed out of bed grabbed my brand new Bobs Burgers clue board game box and hit me and my dog simultaneously over the head with it. Now I’ll blame that moment with my daze and confusing to waking up over just not knowing what to make for dinner. Enter this chicken dish, before I thought of it I was seriously on the verge of proclaiming a “every man for himself” day because nothing was coming to me. I thought about it some more and this chicken dish seemed right. Days like these I’m really thankful for this blog because normally I would make something like this think its the best thing ever and never remember it, bid it a informal farewell and hope to recreate it. Now I have the recipes saved! Try this chicken dish out, hopefully you get a peaceful nap before it. You’ll definitely get one after and let me know how you like it!
- 4 Chicken breast
- 28 Oz crushed tomatoes
- 10 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tb fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1Tb fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 8oz cremini mushrooms, halved
- 1Tb Calabrian chilis and oil
- 1/2 c dry white wine
- 4oz fresh mozzarella
- Generously season chicken front and back with salt and pepper
- In a oven safe pan combine bell peppers, mushrooms, leeks and garlic season with salt and pepper
- Add with crushed tomatoes, white wine, Calabrian chilis , rosemary and thyme.
- Season both sides of chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat cast iron skillet and add in a shallow amount of oil. Sear both sides of chicken till golden brown for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Place in pan with crushed tomatoes and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- At the last 5 minutes broil fresh mozzarella till golden brown but not burnt serve with pasta, bread, side salad, Don’t forget the wine, extra parmesan and enjoy!
Comments are closed.