This no carb option is perfect for on the go. Wraps are something I need in my life. Sometime I want to do It without the bread. For the longest I couldn’t think of any alternative because lets face it, there is nothing worse than a wrap that falls apart. Most of the healthy alternative wraps are really not made to roll and hold. That’s where the spring roll wrapper came to save the day.
These are fun because it a neat way to get people to eat vegetables. You make these ahead and in bulk to go to work or take it on a picnic. Let me tell you it may take a couple tries to get your technique down, but once you do you’ll have a blast doing it. You can make this with just about any filling or serve it up with any sauce. Spring Rolls truly know no limit.
I started making these for picnics actually because sometimes in the humid weather, by the time you get to a salad its soggy and banged up pretty bad. I use the spring roll wrappers to protect the lettuce and keep everything crisp. This is a summer food to me, I don’t make this in the winter and fall. Remember the longer you’re fiddling around with food in the kitchen the less summer you’re experiencing so keep it simple from time to time.
My simple guide to creating your favorite salad roll is:
- Marinating your protein in intended dressing. Its simple and effective.
- Don’t feel obligated to make marinades and dressing , bottled will do just fine.
- A lot of carrot can dry out a roll, poke holes in your wrappers, and can be overwhelmingly carrot-y as well. So be warned.
- Cool protein before rolling.
- Store in parchment or wax paper along with a damp paper towel. Don’t place rolls too close to one another
- 2 Chicken breast, cooled and sliced in strips
- Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Carrot, shredded
- Caesar Dressing
- Generously season chicken with salt and pepper. Then cover with Caesar dressing.
- Let marinade from 30 minutes to overnight.
- Roast in air fryer at 400 for 20-25 minutes.
- Let chicken cool completely.
- Wet spring roll paper for a couple seconds in cold water. Place divot side down.
- Place lettuce, chicken, carrots, parmesan and a sprinkling of black pepper. To the corner of roll closest to you.
- Fold over once, then tuck the corner, Continue rolling spring roll away from you. All while applying a little pressure to form a tight roll.
- Eat whole or cut in half for sharing. Serve with your favorite Caesar dressing!