There are often times where I think of a recipe and I’m beyond excited to try it out. Those are usually the types where they could go 50/50. I’m not exactly sure how they’ll turn out. Those are usually the funnest ones. This recipe was inspired off the fact I had a ton of seafood. I needed to do something with it and stuffed mushrooms in alfredo sounded like a great idea! I thought the sweet seafood stuffed in the roasted mushrooms with this super creamy alfredo was the best alfredo I’ve made in a while. Try it out, let me know what you think!
- 15 white mushrooms, stemmed and cleaned
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4c parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2c crab meat
- 1/2c crawfish tails
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tb butter
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/2tsp black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2c white wine
- 2.5c heavy cream
- 8oz linguine
- 2Tb parsley
- To make the stuffed mushrooms, combine cream cheese, shallot, crab, crawfish, parmesan, garlic, 1tb parsley, and 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper.
- Remove stem and lightly scrape gills of mushrooms. Remove and use for future recipes.
- Season inside of mushroom with salt. Fill generously with filling.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Broil for the last 2 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook linguine according to package instructions.
- In a pan add in white wine and garlic and bring it to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes. Add heavy cream and simmer for couple minutes. Season with 1/4tsp each of salt and pepper
- Toss sauce with cooked linguine. Top with stuffed mushrooms and sprinkle with parsley.