It’s quite shocking that in today’s day there is no high end pizza bagels. Side note I haven’t been to every single store in the world so I’m just guessing based off of my experience. When I think of stuff to feed my son who is the pickiest eater I’ve ever encountered, I’m left scratching my head. It’s actually funny karmedic justice according to my mom, my brother and I were super sophisticated not wanting to eat simply as children. making us picky eater to our parents since we were wanting the opposite of what we were fed. On the other hand I make super elaborate dishes and he’s super selective or Just wanted tenders. Obviously it drives me nuts. So at this point I’m thinking let’s go back to basics what would I eat as a child or just to simply put it what would a kid eat. Something that isn’t the freezer classics as we call them and if it is it’s from scratch and whole. I’m gonna be honest I’m tired of making double or altered meals I was thinking what could I make for the adults as maybe a snack and something to fill a kid up. Pizza bagels that’s it! I devise a game plan and everything. I KNEW this would be such a hit next time I’m going to fool him and add veggies in the sauce since he’s trusting and wont even bat a eye. It was a simple equation really, Kid like food + a little health = happy everyone. Well long story short my pizza bagel was handed back to me very politely. The only thing I can say about these bites is it wasn’t thrown at me so we’re making progress! The adults loved them at least. I made a really creamy garlic cheese sauce to shake them up a little bit to give everyone a break from the usual marinara. Anyways, try them out they may not be toddler approved yet but we are getting there. You guys let me know what you think!
- 9 mini bagels, halved
- 1.5c heavy cream
- 3/4c white wine
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4c grated parmesan cheese
- 10oz fresh mozzarella
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella
- 1Tb fresh basil, chopped
- 6-8oz pepperoni, sliced
- 4 oz salami, cubed
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp black pepper
- To make white garlic sauce start off by simmering garlic and white wine in a pan for 8 minutes till its reduced by half.
- Add in heavy cream and 1/2c parmesan cheese and continue to simmer for 8 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper at this time.
- Once heavy cream is reduced and thickened.
- Cheese Bagel Bite- Start with garlic sauce, Fresh mozzarella and a sprinkle of shredded followed by basil
- Jalapeno/Pepperoni Bite- Start with garlic sauce, fresh and shredded mozzarella, Followed by pepperoni and thinly shaved jalapeno.
- Pepperoni/Salami Bite- Start with garlic sauce, fresh and shredded mozzarella followed by pepperoni and Salami.
- Finish all bites off with basil and grated parmesan cheese bake for 350 for 10 minutes till golden brown and bubbly.