Steak sandwiches have been my thing lately. Recently ive been feeling French country side style eating. That includes light thin sandwiches, salads, wine, meats and cheese but light is key. Which is huge change from texas eatin’. A texas style steak sandwich is piled high, has everything and its nothing short of the actual bone in the sandwich. This sandwich takes a regular steak sandwich and really kicks it up a notch. Disclaimer, these toppings aren’t exactly French. You get the tart from the mustard, the heat from the jalapenos and follow up spice from the horseradish. Its truly the perfect picnic or summer sandwich. If you like spice this ones for you. Try it out and let me know what you think!
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 2- 8oz New York Strips Steak
- 1Tb herbs de provence
- 1 c Arugula
- 1 Yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2c mustard
- 1Tb horseradish
- 2 jalapeno, seeded optional, minced
- 8 Slices provolone cheese
- To prepare the sandwich start out with letting your steak come to room temperature 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Season generously with salt and pepper and about 1tsp herbs de Provence per steak.
- In a hot cast iron skillet cook for about 5-7 minutes on both sides till your desired doneness.
- Remove the steak from the cast iron and let sit for 10 minutes. Add onions to the your steak pan to pick up the little bit cook for 5minutes then add 1 tsp salt. While that’s sitting prepare jalapeno mustard.
- To prepare your jalapeno mustard combine jalapenos ( start with one so its not too spicy) with mustard, and horseradish. Stir and set to the side.
- To prepare sandwich cut steak, place it on one half of the hoagie. Top with cheese and melt in the oven just till cheese is melt and bread is slightly toasted but not hard.
- Slather other have of bun with jalapeno mustard, top that with arugula and don’t forget your onions and enjoy!
12 responses to “Steak Sandwich w/ Homemade Jalapeno- Horseradish Mustard”
You’re welcome. 🙂
We’re in the same club. If you try it let me know what you think!
Looks totally yum!
I’ve never thought about it! But it sounds so good!
Ha! Candy I love that. I don’t know why I’ve never combined mustard, horseradish and jalapeño sooner. I feel like I’ve been missing out.
Awesome! You really had me at horseradish and mustard… everything else just was just candy lol!!!
Yes!!! I’m sure you’ll love it too. The heat is in no way subtle.
This one is definitely going on my list! Yumlicious on a bun!