I sometimes want to kick off the start of my weekends with health in mind. I tend to not end it that way but I try. This chex is air fryed so its crisp and crunchy . Coated in sweet syrup to help hold it together. For this recipe I like to bake some ingredients and exclude things like dried fruit and chocolate. I leave the chocolate to toss in later like I’m making trail mix so that I don’t have melted chocolate granola. Which doesn’t sound half bad, but not what I’m going for today. I’m sure you’ll love it. Try it out and let me know what you think!
- 3c Rice Chex
- 1/4c honey
- 1/2c Slivered almonds
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/2c Coconut, shaved
- 1/2c Dried cranberries
- 1/2c mini chocolate chips
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- 1/2c yogurt
- 1/4c fresh blueberries
- In a bowl combine chex, honey, almonds, salt, coconut, and cinnamon.
- Bake at 325 for 15 minutes. Do not let coconut burn.
- Remove from oven and let cool ( It’ll firm up at this point)
- Add in mini chocolate chips and dried cranberries to granola.
- Let cool completely before storage.
- To build parfait layer blueberries (or your favorite fruit), yogurt, and granola.
- Make at the same time you’re going to eat so the granola doesn’t go soggy.