Sometimes you just wanna start your day off right. For this recipe when thinking of a marinade my mind immediately went to coffee. Because its perfect for the theme..breakfast and also I was thinking of red eye gravy. Red eye gravy is a diner classic that is your traditional white gravy with a zip off coffee. These porkchops instantly brought me back to some awesome diner food classics. Check it out and let me know what you think!
- 1.5lb Center cut boneless pork chops
- 4oz strong espresso, brewed
- 2tsp salt
- 1tsp brown sugar
- 1tsp dried sage
- 2tsp black pepper
- 2tsp garlic powder
- 2tsp onion powder
- 1c flour
- 2c cooking oil
- To make marinade for porkchops take 1tsp of the following salt, brown sugar, sage, black pepper, garlic and onion powder. Combine with hot espresso, dissolve and let cool.
- Coat pork with marinade and let sit over night.
- When ready to make heat oil to medium high heat. Oil should be enough to shallow fry porkchops.
- To make dredge combine 1 tsp of the following salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder to flour and cook in pan for 3 minutes on each side till golden brown and cooked throughout.
- Serve with eggs, biscuit and all the trimmings!
8 responses to “Breakfast Fried Porkchops”
Reblogged this on Crackling Pork Rinds.
I had never heard of Red Eye Gravy before. Yum!
[…] via Breakfast Fried Porkchops — […]
🤣🤣Well that sounds like a plan to me!
Uber Eats baby!!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
I feel like I should! You’d keep me in business!
If you don’t start a restaurant, I’m hiring you for a personal chef lol!!!