Confession: I have a mild obsession with buffalo and blue cheese. Its one of my favorite combos and I find myself spinning a lot of stuff to fit that flavor profile and its so easy I just cant help myself. With that confession off my chest lets move on to this game day superfood.
One thing I LOVE about football season is food. Everyone wants to eat drink and be merry. From what ive noticed on game day is getting full is impossible and if you give someone food 9 times outta 10 they’ll eat. So I use this opportunity to test out new food and beverages. Some things I try not to push the envelope too much. This is the perfect feeler recipe to test the room and picky eaters especially when you’re testing the waters. Fortunately for me I have real good eaters around me that they welcome the experiments.
5 small russet potato
1 chicken breast
1/2 c -3/4c buffalo sauce
1/4c chopped celery
1/4c chopped green onions
Blue Cheese dressing
1/4c blue cheese crumbles
1/3c sour cream
1 clove garlic
1/4c half and half
1. Make blue cheese dressing ahead of time.
2. Add blue cheese crumbles, sour cream, mayo and garlic cloves
3. Thin dressing to your liking with half and half
4.Season to taste with fresh black cracked pepper and salt
5. Season chicken with salt and pepper
6. Bake Chicken for 25 minutes at 400 degrees till fork tender
7. Shred with a fork add to buffalo sauce
8. Cook potatoes however you see fit . I cook mine 4 minutes in the microwave then bake 9. 400 for 8 minutes . Let cool for a couple of minutes till you can handle them.
10. Split down the middle hollow out both sides, season with olive oil salt and pepper
11. Fill with buffalo chicken top with blue cheese dressing
12. Sprinkle on top celery and green onions
1.You can make this a full meal by using jumbo or steakhouse potatoes.
2. Coat the chicken with as little or more buffalo chicken sauce as you’d prefer.