Who doesn’t love a good wrap? Especially when you stumble upon some really phenomenal pita. I’m truly a sucker for hummus and pita I find myself being kind of choosey when it comes to hummus though heavy on the garlic and very little cumin for me. I was thinking the other day hummus is so underrated as a spread for sandwiches and wraps. So that’s where this chicken pita came from.
- 2 chicken breast
- spring mix
- feta cheese
- shredded carrots
- tomatoes, sliced
- 1Tb parsley, chopped
- 1/4 lemon
- salt pepper
- herbs de provence
- Split chicken in half pound chicken lightly to flatten and season liberally with salt, pepper and herbs de provence.
- Heat cast iron skillet on medium heat and cook each chicken breast for 7 minutes on each side.
- Once all the chicken is cooked squeeze lemon over the top and parsley. Let rest for a couple minutes then slice chicken into strips (You’ll probably only need one chicken breast for every two pita wraps)
- Warm pita slightly in 350 degrees oven for two minutes
- Take pita out of oven layer with a generous spread of hummus, spring mix, onions, grilled chicken, tomato, and carrots.
- Finish off with a sprinkle of feta cheese
- wrap with foil or parchment or just eat like a taco.