I don’t know about everyone for me this was a childhood staple. I think most people have a idea what puppy chow is but for those that don’t allow me to introduce it to you. Traditionally puppy chow is Chex cereal coated in peanut butter and chocolate then tossed in powdered sugar. Sounds amazing right? Well ill be the first to tell you it is which got me thinking how could I make this snack something I can consume whenever I have a sweet craving and not sugar, sugar tossed in more sugar. So I got to brainstorming and this is my final result! Hope y’all enjoy it as much as I have!
- 3 cups plain Chex cereal
- 1 cup tahini paste
- 10oz dark chocolate chips
- 1Tb coconut oil
- 1Tb vanilla extract
- 1/4tsp cinnamon
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1-2 cups coconut flour
- 1Tb coconut sugar or sweetener of your choosing (all optional)
- In a double boiler or microwave heat chocolate chips, tahini paste, coconut oil and vanilla in boil. Stirring occasionally till smooth (if you’re adding sugar do it now)
- Once chocolate is melted toss with rice chex
- Transfer mixture into Ziploc bag and coat with coconut flour toss till completely coated transfer to bowl to cool.
- I cant stress enough the importance of letting the chow cool before storing
- don’t make the same mistake I did and try and mix the chocolate and Chex in a Ziploc bag mix all that in a bowl then transfer to the bag.