This is my absolute favorite granola recipe. It checks all the boxes it is soft and chewy but sturdy, not too sweet, and crunchy. Often times when you get a granola recipe its followed up by coating everything in canola or vegetable oil and baking it. That’s not for me for two reasons. The thought of coating anything in oil is really kind of unappetizing and also I like a soft granola. The fun and versatile thing about this granola is if you want to change the flavor it so easily adapts to other nut butters so if you want to substitute my original for almond butter or cashew butter or hazelnut butter . I usually always use almond butter so just go for it! Think of this as a template that you can customize and play around with however you see fit.
Side note if you want to keep this recipe raw vegan then make sure to check that your nut butter hasn’t been roasted.
- 2c peanut butter
- 1/2c cocoa nibs
- 1/2c coconut shreds
- 1/2c honey or agave
- 3c rolled oats
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2c dried cranberries
- 1oz Flake salt, optional
- In a bowl add peanut butter and honey and stir till almond butter is smooth and workable ( if there is oil in your peanut butter use it!)
- Split vanilla bean in half and remove the inside. Add the inside to peanut butter mix and discard of pod how you see fit.
- Add in rolled oats, coconut, cocoa nibs, and dried cranberries.
- Mix till combined
- Line a cake pan with parchment paper and add content to pan.
- take another pan or just your hand and apply pressure to compact granola as tight as possible.
- Chill for 6 hours . Cut and serve topped with flaked salt.
- Keep refrigerated