I love a good chicken salad its light and refreshing but something about it is so darn comforting. One thing about chicken salad is everyone does it differently and everyone swears by their recipe which is fine I usually keep it simple and classic too but I bought a bottle of roasted red peppers and couldn’t help but throw some in!
- 2 Chicken breast, cubed
- 2 marinated roasted red bell peppers, diced
- 3/4-1c mayo
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tsp dill, chopped
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- 1tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 green tomatoes
- spring mix
- pickles, sliced
- Season chicken liberally on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a hot cast iron skillet sear chicken on both sides for 5 minutes each then throw skillet into a 400 degree oven for 12 minutes.
- once chicken is cooked and cooled add in 3/4c of mayo saving the last 1/4 last incase you need it.
- Toss in roasted bell peppers, onions, and celery.
- Season with dill, parsley, red wine vinegar, mustard, and red pepper flakes.
- To assemble only layer greens under chicken salad followed by tomato and pickles if eaten immediately otherwise keep disassembled.