My favorite thing about a poboy if im being honest is the bread. The outside being crusty and the inside being soft and fluffy and the fact it can hold so many ingredients and sauces I just love it. Now anything can be put on a poboy chicken, shrimp, porkchops really anything. At home I like to make a blackened chicken poboy with remoulade sauce very often because when I see good crusty bread I just have to make a sandwich.
- 1 French baguette
- 3 chicken breast
- canola oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne ( optional)
- pepper jack cheese
- shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- Remoulade sauce
- Mix together paprika, creole seasoning, garlic, onion powder, black pepper, and cayenne.
- Coat chicken with season liberally let sit from 45 minutes to overnight
- In a hot cast iron pan add oil and sear chicken on both sides for seven minutes.
- heat bread let cool enough to handle.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes. slice chicken.
- slice bread, layer chicken and lay and melt cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 3 minutes till cheese is melted.
- Top roof of bread with remoulade sauce.
- Add in lettuce, tomatoes, and onions.
Side note- The bread I use is the take and bake bread from the bakery section of the grocery store. Both you bake It coat the top in oil for the best golden brown non greasy crust.