I like to think that everyone loves buffalo wings and in most house holds it a staple. I try not to reinvent the wheel when it comes to a classic buffalo chicken wing I like to keep it pretty straight forward but let me tell you i’ll always change up a dipping sauce.
For the past couple years when I make a homemade blue cheese dressing for my buffalo wings. I love to add diced celery. Celery and buffalo wings are generally served together. Heck most people dip their celery in blue cheese. But adding small diced celery to blue cheese REALLY changes things. Its one of those things that you try and cant go back. Try it out. Let me know if you feel the same way!
- 3lb chicken wings, segmented
- 1c hot sauce
- 2Tb butter
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1/2c blue cheese crumbles
- 2Tb milk
- 1/2c sour cream
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1Tb parsley, chopped
- Air fry wings at 400 degrees for 25 minutes till crispy.
- In a saucepan simmer hot sauce, butter, and garlic powder for 10 minutes.
- To make blue cheese dressing combine blue cheese , parsley, milk, sour cream, celery, and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss chicken wings in hot sauce and serve with blue cheese dressing!
- If you don’t use a air fryer. bake then broil in the oven . Keep an eye on the chicken as it broils.
- If buffalo sauce is to hot add more butter to your liking.
- If you like your blue cheese dressing a little runnier add up to 2Tb more milk.
- Make sure your celery is chopped small about the size of the blue cheese crumble.