So I guess the theme of today is everything crispy! Sometimes I find myself in the mood for a lot of texture but not necessarily deep frying stuff. When I utilize stuff like bacon fat to crisp or fry up stuff I find it to be less guilty because it not deep fried right? Well not exactly but you get it.
This recipe is surprisingly quick and the bacon and capers with some added leek make a crazy delicious pan sauce. This dish makes for a quick weekday satisfying meal. Just at the starch trottole pasta and a veggie of your choice and enjoy!
- 4 Chicken breast
- 2leeks, cleaned and sliced
- 1/4c capers
- 1/2c white wine
- 1Tb garlic, chopped
- 2Tb butter
- 1/2lb bacon, diced
- 2Tb flat leaf parsley, chopped
- In a bacon fry up bacon Till crispy set the side on a paper towel.
- Season chicken on both sides ( cut in half horizontally if they are too thick) season with salt and pepper. Sear in cast iron for 7 minutes on each side till cooked thoroughly.
- Add in capers (watch out the pop) set to the side with bacon.
- Add in leeks, garlic, and butter and sauté for 2 minutes. deglaze with white wine and simmer for 5 minutes . Season with salt and pepper
- Top sauce over chicken followed by bacon, capers, and parsley.