Sometimes things just have to be kept simple. Sometimes on a cool evening and for a little pick me up, I just need some classic alfredo. No frills and fuss. Just straight to the point with a nice crusty bread is just to die for.
This recipe Is super easy it goes as a simple side to any dish or it can stand on its own.
- 2Tb butter
- 2c heavy cream
- 1/3c white wine
- 1/3c salty pasta water
- 1Tb garlic powder
- 1/3c mozzarella cheese
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1tsp white pepper
- 1.5tsp salt
- 16 trottole pasta
- In a large pot of boiling water add a generous amount of salt bring to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- When you’re draining the pasta reserve some of the salt water to add to your sauce.
- Add butter and heavy cream, salt water, and wine to pan. Season with garlic powder, black pepper, white pepper and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Once at a boil reduce to simmer and add in pasta and mozzarella cooking for 3 more minutes.
- After the three top with more cheese if you’d like and parsley. Enjoy!