Oh man, I eat a lot of chicken wings. Chicken wings are one of those things in my eyes that are a perfect stomping ground for crazy or experimental flavor’s. I mean no harm, no foul, right? It seems like whenever one person wants wings the news travels fast and by the end of the day everyone has the craving. So 9/10 if someone projects chicken wings that’s going to end up for dinner.
When I have crazy experimental thought I think okay I’ll make them for a chicken wing so its no frills or thrills. Opposed to making a chicken breast where a lot of other factors like thickness, marinade time, etc. come into play. Just to check out a new seasoning blend or marinade.
My game plan for wings is always straight forward and to the point. I let the chicken wings do their thing in the air fryer and leave my focus on the sauce. This sauce is definitely hot but crazy flavorful. Give them a try and let me know what you think!
- 3lb segments chicken wings
- 2Tb fresh garlic
- 2Tb butter
- 1c fresh pineapple, blended or pineapple juice
- 3/4c sriracha
- 1tsp honey
- 1tsp fresh ginger
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Separate chicken into batches if using air fryer.
- Cook chicken for 25 minutes at 400 till fat is rendered and super crispy. Repeat till all wings are cooked.
- Remove skin of pineapple and core. Blend pineapple chunks till smooth. (1 pineapple = approximately 2 cups of pineapple juice)
- In a sauce pan melt butter. Add in garlic and ginger.
- Add in honey, pineapple juice and sriracha. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce to simmer and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Toss crispy chicken wings and sauce together. Top with green onions and enjoy.