There is about a moment every month where I just need the whole Mediterranean shebang with of middle eastern sides invited as well. I’m talking pita, butter rice and vermicelli, hummus, feta salads, the list can really go on and on. The days I do these kind of feasts I’m generally really overly excited and people just don’t seem to get it. I don’t know something about a big plate of food that isn’t covered in grease and fats that’s light and crazy satisfying . Who wouldn’t be excited?
So food my feast I usually do olive oil herb chicken kabobs or some type of beef. But this time I figured lets do whole chicken breast. Lets go big. I’m really so glad I did because it cut down on the kabob time immensely. With kabob time you have to figure in chicken fabrication, soaking the skewers, and threading the chicken onto the skewers. That wasn’t happening this time. I’ll probably resume that next go around but not today.
I really like incorporating briny veggies to stuff like this that’s so fresh. Its like that zing of salt and acid that you didn’t know you needed. And P.S. I just thought about it and roasted red peppers would be awesome in this too.
- 4 Chicken breast, slightly pounded
- 2c white wine, nothing sweet
- 2Tb olive oil
- 1Tb fresh garlic
- 1Tb dried garlic
- 2Tb fine kosher salt
- 1Tb black pepper
- 10 pepperoncini peppers
- 6oz grape tomatoes
- 1/4c feta cheese, crumbled
- 2Tb parsley
- 1/4c black olives
- 2Tb capers
- Marinade Chicken preferably overnight by combing white wine, salt, pepper ,fresh and dry garlic, and olive oil.
- Once out of the marinade pat dry, do not rinse, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a hot grill pan grill chicken on both sides for 5-7 minutes and finish in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 350. Till juices run clear.
- The last 5 minutes throw cherry tomatoes into oven to soften up a little.
- Once out of the oven top with cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, capers, parsley, black olives, and pepperoncini’s.