I have to say these are some of the best tacos I’ve had in a while! So I got this awesome cut of skirt steak but it was huge and a lot of it. I figured I wanted to try something different since I’d more than likely use half for traditional fajitas. I had some Asian ingredients already laying out from earlier and thought I cant say that I’ve had Asian inspired tacos. So I went for it and I’m so glad I did. This tacos pack some serious flavor we were fighting over tacos by the end. Try them out and let me know what you think!
- 2lb skirt steak
- 4Tb hoisin sauce
- 2Tb soy sauce
- 1Tb fried chili oil
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 2 jalapenos, sliced
- 1- 4 inch knob lemongrass
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1lime, squeezed and sliced
- 1Tb sambal chili sauce
- 1Tb grated ginger
- cilantro, chopped for garnish
- flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- To make marinade combine hoisin, soy sauce, fried chili oil, lime,sesame oil, and lemongrass.
- Add in trimmed skirt steak, with onions, jalapenos, and peppers. Marinade from one hour to overnight.
- Pull skirt steak out of refrigerator for 30 minutes prior to use and let come to room temperature.
- Sear steak in hot pan on both sides for about 7 minutes.
- Let steak rest for 10 minutes. Slice steak. Add to a warm tortilla and top with extra cilantro, sriracha and avocado.