There is something about summer that calls for a sandwich shakeup. During the summer time my sandwiches get really creative. Maybe its the extra time on hand or maybe its just the season. Today I was thinking about a lobster roll then I was thinking about a seafood salad. I was thinking that if I make my own lobster roll that lobster will never make It into the sandwich. Because i’ll probably end up grilling it with some garlic butter finishing it with lemon and the bread will be a after thought. Now I really want some grilled lobster. But with that thought I realized I wanted that bread coated in clarified butter and a nice light seafood salad for the top. My brain go to working, realized I had shrimp and other goodies in the fridge plus a unopened canister of old bay. To me that’s fate and I knew I was in business. The sandwich exceeded my expectations and then some. Well, I’m off to go find a lobster because I just made myself crave one. Till next time and if you try this one out let me know!
- 1.5c shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cod filet
- 1/2c lump crab meat (I use pre steamed)
- 1Tb dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2-3/4c mayonnaise
- 1/2tsp old bay
- clarified butter
- Sandwich buns
- red onion, thinly sliced
- Roma tomatoes, sliced
- Season Cod and Shrimp generously with salt and pepper and old bay.
- In a hot pan cook cod for about 3 minutes on both sides and set to the side to cool.
- Cook shrimp for about 1-2 minutes on each side. Let cool with cod before preparing sandwich.
- Break up cod gently with your hands. Rough chop shrimp to your liking.
- Combine with crab meat.
- Add in mayo, old bay, lemon, and dill. Let sit for a couple minutes while you prepare buns.
- Brush buns with clarified butter(ghee) and place onto cook top till golden brown. Spoon on generous helping of seafood salad, add some red onion and tomato. Enjoy!