I pretty much like anything between bread. I really really like mini versions of my favorite dishes. So I was watching some show and they had this huge and glorious chicken parmesan sandwich, almost like a hoagie. I was mesmerized by it but at the same time a little overwhelmed even by looking at it! So naturally I think well I need one of these just on a small scale. That’s how chicken parmesan sliders came to be. I usually make a great quick tomato sauce using grape tomatoes for this recipe but since this was kind of last minute I used canned which just adds to the cooking time, So feel free to swap out for fresh using this recipe. I will say this the only thing that it was missing was some basil and some heat. Don’t forget your basil like I did guys! Try it out and let me know what you think.
Also a side note is you let your chicken you’re frying sit with the breading on it for 15-20 minutes prior to frying you’ll never lose the batter again!
- 3 chicken breast, cut into 4 quarters, pounded.
- 12 white house rolls, split
- 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2Tb herbs de provence
- 1Tb crushed red pepper flakes
- 2Tb parsley
- 2Tb olive oil
- 4 oz fresh mozzerella
- 1/2c grated parmesan
- Garlic Powder
- 3c Cooking Oil
- 1-2c fine bread crumbs
- 1/2c flour
- 2 egg + 2Tb cream, beaten
- Start off by seasoning chicken generously with salt and pepper. Coat chicken with egg and cream. While that is sitting together get your dry dredge ready.
- Combine bread crumbs, with flour, 1 Tb herbs de provence, garlic powder, parsley , 1/4c grated parmesan, followed by 1 tsp salt and pepper. Mix together.
- Coat chicken in bread crumb, pressing firmly so it adheres to chicken. Then let chicken sit 15- 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is sitting. Make your marinara.
- Start off by adding olive oil to a warm pan, followed by garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes. Let that sit in the medium heated oil for 5 minutes. Do not let garlic burn.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Add in salt and pepper to taste along with 1Tb herbs de provence. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a pan add enough cooking oil to shallow fry chicken. Once temperature is up to 350. Add in chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side depending on thickness. Once chicken is cooked place on baking rack to drain excess oil.
- Once all the chicken is cooked, split and toast bread. Top chicken with mozzarella cheese and bake to melt for about 3 minutes. Top with a generous amount of sauce. Top that with all leftover parmesan and parsley. Finish with the top bun and enjoy!
Right! They are a amazing duo and should never be separated!
We are so alike. I too like meals involving stuff crammed between bread and miniature sizes!
And I swear chicken and Parmesan just go together so well!
More good cooking, Marissa!!
Comments are closed.