So this post is sorta incomplete. I made this awesome parmesan lemon chicken. With two awesome sides lemon and sage French bread stuffing and a killer salad with a parmesan dressing with homemade croutons. Seriously top twenty best meals I’ve ever had. It left me feeling satisfied, not overworked and not too heavy. The thing is the stuffing and salad just didn’t photograph well. It was a pretty overcast day so I lost my lighting really quick. I’ll probably redo them this weekend and add them to my post schedule in the next couple weeks because I’m telling you now it was the best. I’m posting the chicken because who doesn’t like chicken and I’m super proud of the color on the chicken. Top to bottom was super crisp and golden brown not even the tips burned! I usually can only achieve this level of doneness with a spatchcocked bird. Try it out and let me know what you think. Don’t worry I’ll definitely post the sides soon!
- 1.5Tb Garlic Powder
- 1.5Tb Salt
- 1.5Tb Black Pepper
- 1Tb fresh thyme
- 2.5Tb grated parmesan
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1-3-5lb Chicken
- 3Tb olive oil
- Combine together garlic powder, salt, pepper, thyme, parmesan and lemon juice and zest.
- Season the inside cavity of chicken with your seasoning blend and pop in squeezed zest lemon.
- Coat chicken in olive oil and cover entirely with seasoning blend.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes. Then drop the temperature to 350 for 50 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with some extra lemons and your favorite sides!