I’m kinda at this weird seasonal limbo stage of not knowing what to do with myself . On one hand I’m soooo happy summers almost over but I’m also not trying to jump the gun on winter foods. Winter isn’t even in the horizon we gotta get through fall, y’all. So I find myself wanting hot hearty dishes but without the right season or environment it just isn’t completely right. But I’m so over summer. So here in limbo I like to enjoy burgers LOADED, wings temperature can vary, and slaw… see other posts. All the while dreaming of fresh baked bread, chowders and chili’s and chicken fried steak. Try it out and let me know what you think!
- 2lb Ground Beef
- 6oz Guniess stout beer
- 1/4lb bacon, minced
- 1/2c half and half
- 1.5-2c white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 medium red onion, segmented
- 1/2c corn starch
- 3c canola oil
- 6+ pretzel buns
- 2tb butter
- Add stout beer to ground beef and bacon and combine. Form pattie at1/4-1/2lb Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a hot cast iron pan sear both sides for 3-5 minutes depending on desired doneness.
- In a sauce pan warm half and half do not boil and melt cheese.
- In another sauce pan heat canola oil to 375 and toss red onions in corn starch.
- Fry till crispy for about 2 minutes.
- After flipping and removing burgers from pans toss in butter and crisp buns, toasted side down. To assemble burger place burger on bun, top with melted white cheddar and toss with super crsipy red onion. Enjoy!