I have never been this excited for coleslaw before. So as a kid I hated coleslaw. It was over wet. about 2 cups of cabbage to 1tb carrots. Crazy sugary and just plain one note. Coleslaw as a adult I love because I realized really late that it was my experiences with slaw and not all slaw in general. AND its more than just cabbage. Now this slaw I have in cabbage a feature roll its absolutely not the star, the star here is broccoli and shishito peppers. Now shishitos are fun peppers they have different heat ranges one in ten are spicy! This slaw has it all major crunch, creaminess, acid, a little sweetness and a touch of heat. Try it out and let me know what you think!
- 3 Broccoli Crown, segmented to bite sized pieces
- 1/4 red cabbage , grated or thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 15 shishito peppers, sliced
- 1tsp sugar
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1/2c mayonnaise
- 1tsp white wine vinegar
- 2Tb cilantro
- 2Tb olive oil
- In a bowl combine mayonnaise, sugar, salt, pepper and vinegar. Stir to combine.
- In the air fryer toss broccoli with olive oil and air fry for 15 minutes to remove excess moisture from broccoli . Let cool.
- In the bowl with the wet ingredients toss in cooled broccoli, cabbage, red onions, shishito pepper and cilantro. Toss till all combined and let sit for 30 minutes prior to serving.