I was super excited for this one. I went to the store and they had bulk upon bulk of mushrooms reduced. I knew what that meant I gotta use them up quick. Which I thought wasn’t a issue because mushrooms are my absolutely favorite fungus. I figured I could stew them, I could braise them, even use them as a thickener. So I had a couple mushroom options ready to go. I made a chicken and mushroom dish then I made the mistake of waiting two days. When I excitedly realized I had rigatoni, heavy cream, wine and cheese. I just new it would be the perfect time to make a baked rigatoni. When I began cooking and pulled out the mushroom I had zero survivors. Devastated, I had to think of a plan b because I was having baked rigatoni tonight. I figured the next best thing was chicken and broccoli and let me tell you I didn’t even miss the mushrooms. You just cant go wrong with creamy broccoli. Try this dish out and let me know what you think!
- 3 Chicken breast
- 1Tb Herbs de Provence
- 1c White Wine
- 3c Heavy Cream
- 6 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 2 Broccoli Crowns, Segments bite sized
- 12oz Rigatoni
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2-3c Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4c Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2Tb butter
- Season chicken with herbs de provence and generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Sear in a hot pan over medium high heat 7 minutes per side till cooked throughout.
- Once removed from pan add in butter, onions and garlic. Add in white wine scrape pan and simmer till reduced slightly.
- Add In heavy cream and reduce by 1/4 of cream. Toss in broccoli segments and stir.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil Rigatoni in heavily salted water according to package instructions. Toss in cream sauce and add in mozzarella (reserve some for the top).
- Butter baking pan and add in coated pasta. Top with parmesan cheese and mozzarella.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes. till golden and bubbly. Enjoy!