I’ve been going through a huge white pizza faze. If I’m making or having pizza I’ve said farewell to marinara for the time being. It’s amazing to me how underrated white pizza is. As someone who tolerates tomatoes and not love them it just changes everything. I don’t know why I haven’t made this switch sooner!
During the cooler months I always have certain things constantly on hand like heavy cream, butter, bread dough in the freezer and a over abundance of apples for some reason. Also excess of flour and sugar because this is not the time to run out of any of that. With that being said as soon as I had the craving for pizza I knew I was set.
This is pizza is the absolute best! Its the perfect chilly night pizza especially if you’ve already have dough on hand. I was actually craving clam chowder and homemade bread, but my mom makes the best clam chowder and since I wasn’t going to make it I figured this was more up my alley. Now, I will say I still need her to make the chowder but this was a happy compromise till I can get my hands on some. The crust was fluffy and crunchy, while the sauce was creamy and flavorful. Plus the little bites of clams and the pile of cheese. Try this recipe out and let me know what you think!
- 14oz Pizza Dough
- 10 Garlic Cloves
- 2Tb Olive Oil
- 6oz Clams, chopped
- 2c Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4c Grated Parmesan
- 1Tb semolina flour (optional)
- Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce
- 8 Roasted Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1Tb Butter
- 2Tb Flour
- 1.5c Half and Half
- 1/4c Parmesan, grated
- 1/2tsp Salt
- 1/2tsp Black Pepper
- 14tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- ROAST GARLIC: Start off by roasting 8 cloves garlic. Place garlic on foil plus two tablespoons olive oil and a pinch of salt. Fold together to make a foil pouch. Baking in the oven for 325 for 30 minutes. Till garlic is brown and fork tender.
- PREP CAST IRON: While garlic is roasting place cast iron skillet in oven so it can get thoroughly hot.
- MAKE SAUCE: To make sauce start with butter. Melt and add in shallot and roasted garlic.
- Once shallot and garlic having been cooking for about a minute add in flour and work around pan. Add in half and half and season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- Simmer and let thicken for about 5 minutes then finish with grated parmesan.
- ASSEMBLE PIZZA: Roll out pizza dough to fit you cast iron.
- Brush cast iron with olive oil and sprinkle 1Tb semolina flour at the bottom.
- Place pizza dough and use about half of sauce for one pizza top with a little bit of cheese, followed by clams, and more cheese. Slice up last two cloves of raw garlic and place on top.
- BAKE PIZZA: Bake at 375 for 25 minutes till pizza is brown and cook throughout. The last 5 minutes you can brush pizza crust with butter or olive oil. Let cool for about 5 minutes and remove from pizza pan to cut. Top with extra parmesan, parsley, or crushed red pepper and enjoy!